Friday, September 23, 2011

HAPPY TUMMY

     We started our Happy Tummy-Hawaiian BBQ stall at Midnight Mercato on September 9, 2011 with a starting menu of BBQ chicken, rice, macaroni and our famous SPAM Musibi. 
     Off the bat we knew that the SPAM Musibi was going to sell. The challenge was to get people to try something they never tried before. I knew that my food is good but one thing lacking on us were decorations and gimmicks. 
     As new vendors, we were still unsure on how many portions we are going to sell. We aimed high for the first weekend. And we brought more than we expected.
     Our location that night was next to two big sellers. Since the stalls are just small, the line over flowed and  our view was blocked but the second day was better. We put more decorations that caught the attention of the visitors.
      This 2-week experience has been amazing. Being a business-minded person, I really enjoy doing things like this. I am planning to continue this venture until mid next year as this will be a great source of income.
      I am very thankful for the opportunity to showcase my talent at Midnight Mercato. This has been my dream for many years now. Now the opportunity is here, I will not give up until I hit it big!

No comments:

Post a Comment